- Report to shop foreman
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques procedures and equipment to the design and productions of various goods and services.
- Working knowledge of the various welding processes required in the welding of steel, aluminum and stainless steel.
- Ability to perform various welding processes in various welding positions required in normal assembly work.
- Have a working knowledge of welding machines, plasma cutters and oxygen acetylene torches, as well as familiarity of all fabrication equipment used daily.
- Operation Monitoring – watching gauges, dials and other indicators to insure that welding machine is operating property.
- Must have the ability to interpret engineered drawings, blueprints and layout sketches. Also must be well versed in the understanding of welding, grinding and machining symbols used in the fabrication of various assemblies, tanks, bases and enclosures.
Working knowledge of algebra, geometry related mathematics and their applications as required for the layout and fabrication of various parts and pieces as required in the overall fabrication of an assembly.
- Well versed in the use of inspection equipment such as combination squares, verniers, calipers and micrometers.
- Have a good awareness of safety requirements in and around welding and fabrication processes for yourself and those around you.
Looking for at least 3-5 years experience
- Must be able to be certified in D1.1
- Working with Structure Steel.
Custom Sheet Metal Contracting
303 Central Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14206